Symmastia or excess skin? (Photo)

I can pinch the skin between my breast and it actually lifts of my chest,especially when I lean forward, creating a uni-boob like look. Could this be from weight gain of a pregnancy (22 months ago) now having excess skin or is my skin actually detaching from the bone? I notice a definite difference is my breast. One doctor recommended I do a lift but I'm afraid I have symmastia. I'd appreciate any advice, opinions and ideas for treatments. Thank you kindly.

Lift

No evidence of symmastia. Seek a Board certified plastic surgeon in your area to perform a formal mastopexy  or anchor scar lift

Synmastia or Symmastia after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it does not appear to symmastia. It is probably related to the weight issues you had with the pregnancy.

Symmastia or Not?

You definitely do not have symmastia, but I am concerned that you do have moderate drooping of your breasts. You would benefit greatly from a lift, lollipop or  a lollipop plus a short scar in the inframammary crease . It appears that you had a previous donut lift which is inappropriate for your build and amount of droop and resulted in very large areola. I would pick your next surgeon very carefully.

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

No symmastia

if your breasts have a natural space between them with your arms at your side.  If you're wanting more space, you have to consider downsizing the presumed implants you have and a lift that would help with the scarring around your nipples and also position them into a more desirable position.  But nothing beats a face to face consultation so please see your surgeon about this and make the best decision for yourself.

Curtis Wong, MD

Symmastia or excess skin

I have reviewed your photos.  You have large breasts and lasrge spread out areolar tissue.  While you r breasts are positioned close together this isnot abnormal nor unattractive.  I recommend a breast reduction with appropriate areolar reduction.

Fred Suess, MD

Symmastia or excess skin?

You do not appear to have Symmastia,

However you may wish to book a consultation in order to discuss your options for a breast lift.

All the best

Symmastia?

Hi and thanks for yor questions and posted photos. Symmastia means your breasts have no space between each other or they communicate, wich is not your case, even very narrow there is space there. You do have loose skin wich is normal after pregnancy. You would need a breast lift, an  in office examination is necessary to determine the best technique for you. If you have implants, depending on the time of your BA surgery you could get them changed.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

No Symmastia

You don't have symmastia, even though your skin lifts when bending over; the medial limits of your implant pockets seem to be well separated. 
However, your areola are large, irregular in shape, low on a sagging breast mound, and delineated with unsightly scaring. You would definitely benefit from a more appropriate lift to improve the appearance of your breasts. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Symmastia or excess skin?

Dear darby242

based on your photos, I would say you have breast ptosis and not synmastia. A breast lift would be able to reshape your breasts into a more perky and symmetric outcome if you so desire. The procedure would reposition breast tissue and remove excess skin.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

Your photos suggest your breasts are closely spaced but I don't think you have symmastia which is where the skin will pull away from the sternum.