I am 4 weeks post op breast aug circum areola lift, how long does it take a stitch tract to heal?

I had the stitch removed as it was starting to drain pus the area is red but my ps says no antibiotics needed at this time What else can I do or is it time for antibiotics

Healing after suture removal

Trust your surgeon to do the best for you and if no antibiotics needed, then don't worry about it.  If you have a small hole from the suture, topical antibiotics and good wound care is all that is needed and it will heal.  Always watch for spreading redness and increasing pain or drainage as that would imply a possible infection.

Spitting sutures

On average, after the stitch is removed 10 to 14 days  it usually takes for the hole to close over and another few weeks after that for the redness to disappear. Sometimes, silver nitrate can be helpful in facilitating the closure. I recommend you follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS