Can fat necrosis form two days after BBL?

I am currently 11 days post op but have had two hard lumps in one of my lower cheeks since about day 2. They do not feel round at all though, they almost feel like bands (best way I can describe it)... like maybe two inches long each. Might this be fat necrosis? Is necrosis always round, or can i take on other forms?

Fat necrosis

necrosis or did death of tissue can happen within hours to days.
The body's reaction to the Titian a process can change and continue for many many months even years.
That necrosis is usually related to a certain percentage of fat that does not survive after fat transfer.

Fat necrosis can also be related to nontransferred fat that dies from other causes.
There's no particular feel for necrosis.

It all has to do with how much and where it's distributed.
Typically it feels like firm areas underneath the skin. I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon and have him or her address your concerns.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Fat Necrosis and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   It is unlikely for fat necrosis to form at 2 days out from surgery.  All patients have firmness, swelling, and a "lumpy" feeling immediately after liposuction/fat grafting.  In my practice, I start having patient massage after one week to encourage the swelling and lumpiness to improve.  I would discuss this with your surgeon and follow his/her protocol.  Your surgeon knows how the results are in-person and what was done exactly in the surgery.  I am assuming your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with Specific Training in Cosmetic Surgery and Butt Augmentation Procedures.  If not, I recommend getting a second opinion from a Surgeon that meets the prior criteria.  Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon