Can you go to a birthday party 1 1/2 days after breast augmentation surgery?

I am not driving though, my husband will be driving. If I will be able to seat down the whole time, is it practical to go or just stay home?

Birthday party

Yes, but be careful of people wanting to give hugs!  Be careful and sensible and you will be fine.

Birthday party

You can certainly go to the birthday party if you feel up to it. However, you should take it easy and stay away from alcohol.  Your implants will still be high at that point and depending on what type of garment your surgeon has you, in you maybe able to see it.  Best of luck and have a good time if you choose to go!  

Can you attend a sit down event 1.5 days post augementation?

Certainly but your activities will be limited (by your surgeon's protocols) and you may have to be creative with you wardrobe if your implants are excessively high.  If you do anything that increases your blood pressure, you risk developing bleeding and a hematoma.  Most patients would rather just stay home and relax but its ultimately up to you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Birthday party

This is really patient dependent. It would also depend on the size of implants placed. Bigger implants, more stretching, more discomfort. I have had a number of patients would wouldn't have a problem going to a birthday party a day and a half later. Call your surgeon and ask. Stay away from alcohol and be ready to go if you feel bad.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Activity after BAM

Thank you for your question. The activity level to be expected after implant surgery varies widely. I'd say it may be possible for you to attend for a short time. The keys would be no alcohol, no pain medication prior to going, do not get your heart rate up, and no lifting. You'll just have to see how you feel at that time, and use your best judgement. Good luck to you.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

As you can imagine, every patient has a different experience when it comes to recovery after breast augmentation surgery. I would say that the majority of my patients would not enjoy going to a birthday party 1.5 days after breast augmentation surgery.  Most would rather stay at home and focus on recovery. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

As long as you take it very easy and don't lift anything, you should be fine to attend the party. Just be aware that your body is recovery from surgery and you are going to tire easily so adjust your schedule accordingly. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I appreciate your question.
Since you are not even at post op day 2, best to rest and follow your surgeon's post op instruction sheet in detail.  Should you decide to go to the party, no heavy lifting or strenuous activities.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast  surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Can one return to normal activity 36 hours after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  There is a wide range of varibles to consider including type of augmentation, size of implants, and skill of surgeon.  In my practice I routinely have my patients return to "normal" activity in 24 hours and are only taking motrin for pain control.  Your surgeon will have to give you their protocol for recovery however.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Activity after breast augmentation surgery

Hello, regularly patients after breast augmentation surgery can return quickly to their normal activities, if you will not been doing any effort with your arms, or doing intense activity like dancing I think it could be permitted to go, but remember that your plastic surgeon is the one that can give you the correct recommendations. 

Regards

Kemil Issa, MD