Only 300ccs per cheek? Really? (photos)

I had a bbl in July. At 156lbs and 5'4 the surgeon only put 490ccs in each cheek. I was disappointed so I am going to him for a revision/do-over in December. This time I asked him to be upfront about how many ccs he thinks he could get doing my stomach alone. He examined my stomach and said 300ccs per cheek. Is that crazy? I feel like I have much more fat to give. I don't know if he is just conservative or if he doesn't have a good fat purifying skill and so, can't use a lot of the fat he takes.

Getting the most amount of fat

Liposuction is there apps the easiest cosmetic surgery procedure to perform at the same time it appears to be one of the most difficult to perform very well.

My practice is exclusively devoted to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

I am the only you or one of the very few board-certified plastic surgeon's in The western United States who has focused exclusively on these two procedures.

Optimizing fat harvest for fat transfer is an acquired skill.

H plastic surgeon uses different techniques, judgment and equipment.

I find is doing these procedures with patients awake avoiding general anesthesia greatly enhances the ability to harvest fat and obtain much better aesthetic results.

The main reason for this is the ability to position my patients in different poses during the procedure.

The volumes you describe our small.

In my practice and average Brazilian would have it around 1100 mL per side.

In a thin patient this may require liposuction of the full abdomen, hips, waist, back and potentially arms and inner thighs.

Liposuction and fat transfer especially month and people it's a procedure that needs to be done correctly the first time.

Once an area has been treated it can be difficult to either correct or harvest more fat.

If your plastic surgeon is going to stand behind his or her work and not charge you and you have faith then move forward and consider a revision or touch up.

Alternatively I suggest you get a few second opinions.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Only 300cc/cheek?

Thank you for your question and photos. The photos are not very revealing, just showing your midsection is not enough to make an educated guess. Based on your height and weight, you have plenty of fat. Unfortunately, your surgeon doesn't have the ability to sculpt you well, that's why the low volume of fat transferred. It is not the purification process, which should be minimal, but the ability to collect the fat. If you trust your surgeon to do a good job the second time,  by all means go back. From your question I did not get that impression. Remember, second time it is harder to collect fat and sculpt your abdomen/waist/hips to give you your desired result. Maybe you should get a second opinion even though the first surgeon might give you a discount. Good luck.

Fat transfer

Your doctor may be right, there is not much fat on your abdomen judging by the photos.  But it is not easy to estimate without an in person exam. The better his fat purifying skills, the less viable fat is isolated from the liposuction aspirate.  You may have to get more fat from other areas.  Your flanks look like a good spot to use.