Botox and Juvederm injections post 7 month lower facelift. How long will it take for the botox to work?

I had Botox around my lips, forehead and Juvaderm on my marionette lines. I don't think the Botox worked because I still have forehead lines and am able to move my forehead up and down. My question is how long does it take for Botox to work? It been 48 hours. I had 6 injections on my forehead. The fillers have worked right away. .

Results of Botox

Botox works by blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles. You will notice results of Botox in 2-3 days and see maximum results in 2 weeks. Fillers work right away as they fill in the defects. If you do not see any results then contact your injector for an evaluation.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

How long does it take Botox to work

Botox can start to work in as little as 3 days but in some people it may take up to 7-10 days.  Fillers work right away because they are filling in the defects whereas Botox has to work to block the muscle contraction and that takes time.  Be patient.  It will likely kick in.  If it doesn't then talk to your injector professional again as you may need more units to the forehead to acheive your desired look.  

Dr. ODell

Botox and Resuts/ Forehead Wrinkles/Marionette Lines/Lips/Juvederm

Botox is absorbed quickly, but results take 3-5 days to appear. If you're unhappy with your results, I suggest finding an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox Results

Botox typically begins to work within a couple days but should allow up to 2 weeks for full results. There is a chance however that some of the lines in your forehead are what we call static lines and will remain visible even after the Botox takes effect. Botox works to relax the muscles preventing you from making the faces that cause lines. Static lines are common in the area between the brows and can sometimes be softened with filler. Let the Botox take full effect before addressing any remaining lines.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Botox time line

Botox starts to work in 3-5 days, reaches its peak in 7-10 days and then lasts 3-6 months depending on the area and the expertise of the injector

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Onset of Botox

It takes about 2-4 days to start to see the results of Botox and 10 days for the full results. I would wait before being evaluated for the Botox. Fillers are great because they are seen immediately as you said.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How long before Botox will work?

Dear Pappy7,Thank you for your question. In short 48 hours is too early for you to see the results of this treatment. A typical practice is to see the individual about two weeks after the injection at which point it should be "settled in" and working well. At this juncture one can assess the needs as to whether a touch up is needed or not. Patience can be your friend. Be well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Thanks for your question and as always we recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon as we are the experts in these procedures.  Your question is when should the toxin work?  This should have been explained at the time of your consultation and treatment.  Usually, toxins start to work within 2-3 days and it may take up to a week in some.  Most of the full extent of the treatment will be seen within the first two weeks which is why many of us will ask patients to return to us for re-evaluation two weeks after the injections. So if it has been 48 hours after the injection, give it a few more days, and if not where you want it at two weeks, contact your provider and go in and see what is needed at that time.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm injections post 7 month lower facelift. How long will it take for the botox to work

While dermal fillers have an immediate onset, Botox and other neurotoxins generally take about a week to show full results. This is something that your injector should have explained to you. You will not see much difference in 48 hours. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fillers time to effect....

Thank you for your question.  Botox can take up to 2 weeks to see an effect and the results typically last 3 months.  If you are still dissatisfied at that time return to your board certified Dermatologist for a touch up.  Fillers like Juvederm yield results immediately.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon