11 days post op BA and I'm absolutely panicking about having a double bubble. (photo)

Help! What do I do?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Double bubble?

I understand your concerns. It is hard to see anything from the photo, but you do not appear to have a double bubble. If you are worried, see your surgeon in person.

Good luck!

Post Op Question

What you are seeing is your muscle pulling- not a double bubble. Which means your implant placement is underneath your muscle- we call this animation. This is very normal.  It will get better over time. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

At 11 days out, you are too soon in the healing phase at this point. I do not see a double bubble in the photo.  

Double bubble

You are very early in the healing process. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended to address your concerns.

Double Bubble?

Noelle.   Your photo does not show any reason for concern. It is too early in your postop course to be worried because your body needs to accommodate itself to your new implants. It takes 3-6 months for that to happen. Try to stay patient and follow up with your patient. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Augmentation

Noelle,

Thanks for the question and the photo.

From the one photo, you cannot say anything other than it appears you have wide cleavage.  You must give the breasts time to settle.  It takes an average of 3-6 months for the breasts to fall into the pocket, the skin to stretch and for them to soften.  It takes a full year for the final results.  Continue massaging them and follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Implants still need to settle

Thanks for the great question. At just 11 days after surgery your breast are still very swollen. It can take 1-3 months for the implant to settle and up to a year for all scarring to calm down. You need to wait at least 3 months before being able to make an conclusions about double bubble. Hang in there!

~Dr. Sieber

Double Bubble?

At this point in the postoperative period, you must allow the edema to resolve and the soft tissue to relax and settle over the implant. It  Please consult with your plastic surgeon. 

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Too early to assess

Hello and thank you for your question. It is too early to assess your surgery result. Your breasts are still swollen and tight. Using a special cut bra can be helpful to prevent mild form of double bubble deformity. Your surgeon definitely would recommend you what is needed.

Please inform your PS about your concerns.

Best regards,

Guray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon