Can I do PRP on my scar tissue? (Photos)

i had an FUE and developed necrosis in my front area, its been removed and allowed to be healed naturally, the wond still little bit not elelvated to rest of my sculp level, one of the hair transplant dr recommended me to do prp on my wond area to prep it for future FUE, is that ok? till now i had 3 session of prp

PRP treatment of scars after hair transplant

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  PRP into that area is worth a try.  I have seen improvement in scar color and texture with PRP.  It may also help stimulate the surviving follicles in that area.  Come in to our Richmond or Virginia Beach office for a detailed consultation and personalized treatment plan. Good luck to you.

PRP for scars

I'm sport you've experienced this devastating complication. PRP can certainly be used on areas of scars. I have found that it makes scars softer and improves the appearance. I would request that it be injected and that a microneedling device be passed over the scar with the PRP rubbed into the puncture sites. Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon