I want slightly bigger breasts and flat tummy. How will weight loss affect my results?

I'm 5"4 140 lbs 27 yrs old I'm done having kids lower stomach muscles are horrible hoping to gobigger in my breasts a lift n slight reduction on bigger breast maybe I could get sml implant. will look good w my frame? I hate my narrow hips. Would me staying at my current weight and doing my mommy makeover make my hips look fuller? if I happen to lose a little weight after surgery will my breasts still look full? I always go up n down in weight not much to where its extreme but it happens.

The Lasting Effects of a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations. The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised. 

Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Larger Swings in Weight Loss or Gain Can Impact Cosmetic Results

The normal 5 or so pounds many people fluctuate in weight will not effect the outcome of a Mommy Makeover.  I always recommend being within 10, maybe 15 lbs. of your ideal weight before having surgery. Losing more weight than that may leave you with new sagging skin.

A mommy makeover CAN give you a more balanced hip proportion, especially if you need a breast lift.  If your breast are sagging too low they may give a sense of bleeding into your hip line, obscuring the "hour-glass" shape that narrow hips can make more difficult to achieve. But lifting the breasts back to their youthful position can emphasize the waistline and show you more curve in the hips.  Consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advice on your specific anatomy.  

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Will Weight Loss Affect Mommy Makeover Results?

How much weight gain or loss will affect your results depends on how much weight you gain and where you tend to gain it. Usually small fluctuations don't have a significant impact on the results. 

As far as the illusion of fuller hips from a mommy makeover, you would need to consult with a plastic surgeon who can examine you and tell you specifically what surgery can accomplish and what it can't. 

Click on the link below for more information about a Mommy Makeover.

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I perform that combination every week.  I do not think that the weight fluctuation will pose an issue. 

Considering mommy make-over after children

Thank you for asking about  your mommy make-over.

These are complex questions and need a full examination to advise you specifically, but in general a weight loss of 10 - 20 pounds after surgery is unlikely to pose a major problem.

Try to have surgery when your weight is in the middle of your normal range.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

When to do a mommy makeover

You should be at a stable weight prior to any elective body contouring surgery. Without seeing your photos it is difficult to comment on your case specifically. You don't want to lose too much weight after a tummy tuck or breast lift as that can compromise your result. I would consult with a few plastic surgeons in your area to get a few different opinions on what the best treatment is for your specific anatomy.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Will weight loss affect my results

It is always advisable to perform this at your lowest reasonable healthy weight. Advantages to being at a lower weight include a tighter flatter stomach, a lower scar and possible lower risk of complications. If one loses weight following surgery, things may loosen a bit both in the abdomen and the breasts. It would be ideal to be at a plateau weight with a healthy lifestyle.

Stable Weight

Without pictures or a physical examination, it is difficult to say what the best treatment plan would be. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring for more individualized information. The key to long standing success is to be at a stable weight. Make sure your lifestyle is such that you don't gain the weight back after if you do have surgery or you will likely be unhappy. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Best wishes, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

The effect of weight loss after a mommy makeover various from patient to patient.

Patients gain and lose weight in parts of the body that are genetically determined. Weight loss after a mommy makeover will reflect your particular genetic makeup.