Was my crown set too high?

I had a gold crown set on my backmost bottom right molar. I was wearing a 2mm thick temporary plastic piece across all the top teeth to hold a broken front tooth in place. They seated the molar crown with the upper plastic piece in place. So when I bit down to seat it it ended up 2mm high, leaving 2mm of the tooth exposed. I already have a cavity on the molar below the crown. This wouldn't have happened if they had seated the crown correctly imho. Am I within my rights to ask them to redo it?

Crown too high

Hi:

Without X-rays and photo it is difficult to accurately assess what is going on.  Please go back to the dentist that placed the crown and voice your concern.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist

Follow up with your dentist...#DrSoftTouch

It's difficult to determine exactly what is going on based on the information you provided. I would recommend following up with your dentist if you have concerns about your crown. A simple bite adjustment might be all you need.  I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.