Is swelling and bruising normal after an IPL treatment?

I had my first IPL treatment done today by my Dermatologist and my cheeks are very swollen and bruised several hours after treatment. My face actually became worse as the day went on. I have iced them and put coconut oil on for extra moisture.

Redness and swelling after IPL

Thank you for your question bbowley_usmc. I understand your concern. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. It is difficult to make an assessment without photographs. However redness and swelling are normal after a treatment. I recommend that my patients apply cold compresses such as ice packs to reduce redness and swelling.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Redness and swelling after IPL

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your query. Yes it is absolutely normal to get redness and swelling after Ipl. Justice it out and keep it moisturized and the swelling will go down. Hope it helps.

All The Best

All The Best