Pronounced cellulite after laser lipo. Is there anything I can do to treat those problem areas? (Photo)

I had lasers lipo done a year ago. I'm 39, 5'6 I weight 149 lb, fat was removed from my outer and inner thighs. Now I don't like how the back of my thighs and sides looks. My cellulite now seems more pronounced and there still are bulging areas, worse than they used to be. Apart from that my hips seem to have dropped. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to help treat those problem areas? Will any additional treatments (like mesotherapy, lipomassages) help, and up to what extent?

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Cellulite after liposuction

In my opinion, is difficult to tell if you have cellulite or loose skin. Should you have cellulite, Cellulaze and Cellfina are the two most recommended treatments . Cellulaze  has the ability to improve 50 to 80% of the cellulite and to tighten the skin. Cellfina  can improve the cellulite,  but does not tighten the skin. For loose skin, there are many treatments. Radio Frequency skin tightening seems to be  helpful. It's important that you go to a expert in cellulite and loose skin. Determining your exact diagnosis is the key. Ask to see photos of patients with similar results. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Pronounced cellulite

It's hard to tell if your problem is cellulite or loose skin. Cellfina works very well in treating cellulite with patient satisfaction rates over 90% three years after treatment. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced in Cellfina to undergo an examination and discuss this in more detail.

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

I find that cellulite worsens after liposuction if not done properly.  There are many options we find that cellfina and fat transfer/sculptra do very well for this.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellulaze may be an option

an inperson exam is needed.  Cellulaze may be an option to help smooth out areas.  total elimination of cellulite is however not possible.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina forCellulite treatment

In terms of Cellulite it would need an in person exam with different lighting to appropriately evaluate the areas.  Cellfina is a safe and effective one-time treatment for Cellulite.