Fraxel Laser on Keloid-prone Skin?

Planning a Fraxel resurfacing and I am very keloid-prone (make too much scar tissue). Will the treatment cause lots of scarring?

Fraxel in keloid prone skin is not recommended

The fraxel laser is designed to improve the texture and quality of your skin. It can be administered in a way that makes it a lighter or more aggressive treatment. If you are keloid prone I would veer away from resurfacing lasers. There are other treatments to use for your concerns that would not carry the risk of keloid formation.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}