Can Fraxel Laser remove acne scars for life or just cause edema? What would be better for me, CO2 or continue w/ Fraxel? (photo)

I had my fraxel laser treatment but the nurse ask me if my scars colors last more a couple of moths or week i didnt had any idea so i went for weeks and she said might be treat me not that agressive but seems i saw at first i was happie continue waiting for more results and improvement were not what i was specting

Fraxel Laser for acne scars

Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser but it takes several treatments spaced at least one month apart to see results.  Your scars seem very deep and you may require a CO2 laser to see improvement.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these lasers for the best results.

Laser For Acne Scars

Your scars are very deep and would need a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scars.  Often we have to do a combination of treatments including laser and filler injections.  It may be that cabon dioxide laser is better, but I would need to see your scars in person.  Typically, Fraxel works well for small, atrophic scars but not too well for very large areas of scarring like you have and would require many treatments to see any benefit.  We would gladly see you in the office here anytime.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.