Fraxel Laser for dark eye circles. How much does it cost and what is the down time? (Photo)

I've had dark eye circles my whole life. With age they have been getting darker. I read about Fraxel Laser for removal of dark circles. I am interested in having this procedure. I live in Bergen County NJ. What is the cost in my area, the down time if any and the risks?

Fraxel laser for dark eye circles.

Fraxel Laser generally is not helpful for dark circles unless they are caused by hyperpigmentation. In this situation, intense pulse light is usually the cause. In the case of the photographs, this looks more like hollowing and would better be treated with filler, which is created by shadow and not by laser. So, a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane would be more appropriate from what the photograph appears to be.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark circles under eyes

There are many treatments for under eye dark circles. The treatments range from Fraxel to EMatrix to Restylane injections under the eyes. Please be certain to find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers for your procedure.