I had fraxel 11 days ago. The texture of cheeks, forehead and chin are similar to sand paper. Is this normal?

What is the best moisturizer for sandpaper/bumpy skin?

There are three Fraxel Laser Wavelengths, 10,600nm, 1550nm and 1927nm. They heal differently.

The Fraxel re:pair laser is the most aggressive ablative laser and healing time is longer (a few weeks to a few months).  The 1927nm Fraxel Laser (one of the wavelengths of the Fraxel Dual re:store Laser) does a superficial peel to about 200 microns (0.2mm) deep.  This laser creates a peeling reaction that will usually heal completely in one to two weeks using sun avoidance and moisturizing skin care.  The 1550nm wavelength in non ablative laser that fractionally scrambles the epidermis and part of the dermis.  This leaves a bronzing or mild grid-like pattern on the skin that heals within one week on the face and about two weeks on the extremities.  If you are out only 11 days since your treatment, I would recommend a good moisturizer and sun protect and give it more time to heal.  If you have concerns, it is always a good idea to consult with the doctor who did your treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Texture after Fraxel

Texture of skin after Fraxel should exactly feel like sand paper! You had the desired result.  I often recommend Epiceram to be used after the procedure.  Of course, it is important to use sunscreen and to stay out of the sun.

Michele S. Green, MD