I had Botox in my forehead a year ago and have a large lump on my forehead. What should I do?

When the procedure was being done the girl told me she has popped a vein but that it would go away in a few weeks. The lump has hardened and is quite big and raised. It has a hole in the centre which is purple on the inside almost looks like it's bruised. It's been mentioned a few times and I need to get it fixed. Do I go to a doctor or to a skin specialist and what would the procedure to fix it involve?

Bump one year out from Botox

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to give you advice without seeing a photo or examining you in person. However, it is uncommon to have bump 1 year after the Botox. This sound like it could possibly be a cyst or hemangioma. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to discuss your concerns and to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Bump one year out from Botox

Please post a photo of the area since it would be unusual to have a bump one year out from Botox. Perhaps it is a cyst or hemangioma.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Retention cyst after hematoma in the forehead

This may be a hematoma that partially resolved and has left a retained cyst (seroma).

See a plastic surgeon for evaluation, aspiration, drainage. 

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist

See a plastic surgeon

You should see a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.
It could be residual blood that has congealed, or a fatty tumor that can be helped.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Bump on the forehead

You mention that the "girl" told you. What girl and why would you have a "girl" inject you? It is amazing that you had this experience likely in a spa or a salon with no doctor in site or a qualified doctor and you are still wondering if you should see a doctor. Also, without a picture, its impossible for anyone to provide you relevant response specific to your concern.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon