I had Botox in my forehead a year ago and have a large lump on my forehead. What should I do?

When the procedure was being done the girl told me she has popped a vein but that it would go away in a few weeks. The lump has hardened and is quite big and raised. It has a hole in the centre which is purple on the inside almost looks like it's bruised. It's been mentioned a few times and I need to get it fixed. Do I go to a doctor or to a skin specialist and what would the procedure to fix it involve?

Bump one year out from Botox

Please post a photo of the area since it would be unusual to have a bump one year out from Botox. Perhaps it is a cyst or hemangioma.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Retention cyst after hematoma in the forehead

This may be a hematoma that partially resolved and has left a retained cyst (seroma).

See a plastic surgeon for evaluation, aspiration, drainage. 

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

See a plastic surgeon

You should see a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.
It could be residual blood that has congealed, or a fatty tumor that can be helped.

Bump on the forehead

You mention that the "girl" told you. What girl and why would you have a "girl" inject you? It is amazing that you had this experience likely in a spa or a salon with no doctor in site or a qualified doctor and you are still wondering if you should see a doctor. Also, without a picture, its impossible for anyone to provide you relevant response specific to your concern.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon