Do I need a nose job - My nose looks huge sometimes. (photo)

Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) Surgery: A Personal Choice

Hello:

Thank you for your question. This is a common question that many patients ask me. Do I need rhinoplasty or nose job surgery? That is not as easily answered as one may initially think. It truly depends on what it is you are trying to achieve. If you feel that the tip of your nose is bulbous, the bridge or your nose is flat, your nostrils are too wide, or the overall size of your nose is too large; then you may be a candidate for a rhinoplasty.

My first goal with a patient considering a nose job is to understand what they want the end result to be. I feel it is imperative that I have a unified vision with any patient when performing a surgical procedure. Changing the shape and size of your nose can enhance and create a more harmonious appearance of the overall look of your face. One of the unique things our New York City office is able to offer to our patients, is that we have digital imaging that will give you the ability to see what your nose would look like post-operatively. 

With any patient considering plastic surgery of the face, especially the nose, I encourage you to seek out the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Expertise in and board certification are paramount to a great post-surgical rhinoplasty result. Put your face in the hands of an expert.

Please feel free to reach out to our New York City office with any questions you might have. I am also including a website link that will provide you with more information about rhinoplasty surgery and a video that explains in more detail whether or not a patient is a candidate for nasal surgery. I wish you all the best on your journey toward making a decision.

Sincerely,

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Machelle32, If your nasal shape concerns you and you would like to see what possibilities rhinoplasty surgery would provide I would suggest seeking some consultations with expert surgeons. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the possibilities and then you can decide if you would be a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

No one needs a nose job

No one needs a nose job. Some may need a septoplasty to improve nasal function, but a cosmetic nose job is a different beast. If the look or shape of your nose really bothers you then schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss a rhinoplasty. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Nose Job?

Nobody needs a nose job and only the patient can answer this question. My only suggestion is that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist who will explain the possible changes so you can make an educated decision about whether or not to have the surgery.

Do I need a nose job?

The question as to whether not a patient wants to undergo an rhinoplasty is a personal one, and only the patient can answer that question. In addition, the rhinoplasty procedure is a permanent change to the nose so a rhinoplasty procedure is not  performed when the nose looks huge only some of the time

Do I need a nose job - My nose looks huge sometimes

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Do I need a Rhinoplasty?

Hello thank you for your picture and question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

No one needs a rhinoplasty, Could a Rhinoplasty improve the way your nose looks? Definitely Yes, will you benefit from this procedure, YES. 

This is a cosmethic  procedure and couald achieve your desires in good hands. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD