Possible to make my nose smaller? I've always wanted a very small cute nose even though my nostrils are big & long? (Photos)

Refining Nose with Rhinoplasty Surgery

Dear jazmin.vt, Yes your nose can be nicely refined with rhinoplasty surgery.  Refining your nose with rhinoplasty will provide  a soft feminine appearance to your facial aesthetics. I would suggest that you seek complimentary consultation appointments with some expert surgeons in your area or seek consultations via skype or face time if you decide you want to travel for your rhinoplasty with experts in other areas. Since you are on realself a good way to find an expert surgeon is to read the surgeons reviews and if a large portion of the surgeons reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then you will know the surgeon denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Then you can review the surgeons before and after photographs, watch any videos if they have them to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. Imaging can also be performed to show you the proposed results and once a desired result is agreed upon the surgeon will discuss the exact techniques that will be used to attain the desired result and a surgical fee will be quoted. To review some before and afters photographs see the link below and the video above will show you an example of the imaging process.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

The beauty of rhinoplasty is that we can create the perfect nose for your individual face. And yes, it is possible to not just reduce the size of your nose but also your nostrils. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. There is no reason for you to walk around with a nose that makes your self conscious. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Possible to make my nose smaller?

The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.   Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.  Robert Singer, MD FACS  La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Changes to the Nose

Thank you for your question!  Yes, based on your pictures, you could have some modification to the nose to help refine its appearance.  An open rhinoplasty is a procedure that refines and changes the appearance of the nose, to help balance with the remainder of the face.  I would consult with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty for a full evaluation.  

Based on your pictures, I believe that focusing on the tip of nose would help to achieve your goals.  The tip cartilages can be reduced in size, and changed with suture (stitches) to give an over all smaller appearance. 

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible to Make My Nose Smaller?

A rhinoplasty can be done to make your entire nose smaller and narrower including a decrease in the projection of your bridge and tip. While your tip is over-projected the nostrils themselves are not too long. Your goals can be achieved by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty to make the nose smaller

Yes, a rhinoplasty procedure can make the entire nose smaller, but it is important all of the components of the nose remained balanced and proportional.  The nasal dorsum could be shaved down to decrease the projection, the tip can be narrowed and the nostrils csn be reduced in width as well.   For more information and many examples, please see link and the video below

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph.

The key to rhinoplasty is achieving overall facial harmony. Based on the photographs you have submitted, I feel that you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty and alarplasty. The tip of your nose can be made to look more pleasing by trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip. An alarplasty is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction and this procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty so you can have a nasal examination performed. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Reduction rhinoplasty, reducing nostril size, alar base reduction

Yes, your nose and be made smaller and the nostril size reduced.  The more important thing to do with your nose is to improve the relationships between the complements of the nasal dorsum, the nasal tip, the nasal base and the nostrils.  Most rhinoplasty is an issue of contour and proportions rather than size.  When the complements of the nose match the size appears dramatically reduced.   Because you appear younger and your nasal skin does not appear to be thick significant reduction as well as reshaping can be achieved.   It will a require a small incision at the base of the nostril to reduce the overall length of the nostril.  This is referred to as alar lobuler reduction.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon