I have labia plastic surgery scheduled on 9/7/16 I was diagnosed with a uti on 8/31/16 should I reschedule my labia plastic?

I'm on macrobid for 5 days.

Labiaplasty and urinary tract infection

Hello,It's best to ensure your UTI has been adequately treated prior to undergoing labiaplasty. Consult with your surgeon  to determine the best  course of action and timing of the procedure.
Regards,Dr. Pedy GanchiVIllage Plastic Surgery 

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

If your UTI was treated, you can proceed with your labiaplasty as scheduled

A few days of antibiotic therapy is sufficient to clear any bladder UTI prior to surgery. However, if you have a UTI which has progressed to kidney infection, it may take a week or longer.

No Need to reschedule

Thank you for sharing.  This is a question that should be addressed to your surgeon but if you have been treated and a repeat urine analysis is normal then there is no need to reschedule your procedure.  However, this should be assessed and determined by your surgeon.

UTI before Labiaplasty

Thanks for your question. There is no need to reschedule your Labiaplasty procedure since your UTI will already be treated. In fact, even if you were on day 2 of antibiotics you would still be fine proceeding with your surgery.Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

UTI before labiaplasty

I agree with my colleagues that this is a matter that you should discuss with your operative surgeon, but a 5 day course of antibiotics should be sufficient to treat a simple UTI and cystitis.  An active infection would be a contraindication to an elective operation, and there probably is not time to get another culture.  At the very least, you want to be symptom free before surgery and it may be advisable to do a dip stick urinalysis prior to the procedure, as this could give some indication of ongoing infection.  Best of luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

I have labiaplasty surgery scheduled but developed a UTI, should I reschedule?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I would recommend advising your surgeon of your UTI development so that the both of you can decide on the best course of action.  Though most uncomplicated UTIs will clear after 3-5 days of antibiotics your safety and results are paramount.  Hope this helps.

UTI preoperatively

This should not be a problem but this is something you should discuss with your surgeon.  Please call your surgeon so the two of you can come up with a plan of action.

UTI before labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. It should be ok to go ahead with labiaplasty. I recommend you let your surgeon know about this.

UTI and labiaplasty

No need to reschedule; the UTI will be long gone...
Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

UTI prior to labiaplasty

A UTI can be  effectively treated with a short course of antibiotics in most cases. Your UTI should be resolved by the time you are scheduled for your procedure.  I would discuss it with your surgeon to make sure that he or she is does not want to postpone it.  Best wishes!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon