I had breast augmentation 11 days ago and am now leaking and having really bad pain on the right side

He gave me pads to put on the incision and I go back to see him tomorrow but the leaking is getting worse and very painful on my right side I can barely even move my arm without excruciating pain don't know if I should go 2 the er or wait until tomorrow when I see him again

Leaking and Really Bad Pain

Thank you very much for your question.

I would contact your surgeon and see how they want to proceed.  Even if it's after hours, there should be a mechanism for you to get in touch with your surgeon or somebody covering for your surgeon to take care of any issues.  If you can't get a hold of them, the breast is continuing to get larger, and the pain is excruciating, then heading to the ED is a good option.

Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Based on your description of excruciating pain, difficulty moving your arm, and leaking from your incision you may have developed a blood collection termed a hematoma.  I would advise seeing your surgeon in short order, or if not possible, go to your local emergency department, especially if your right breast has increased in size.  Hope this helps.

See Your Surgeon

It sounds like you may have a hematoma.  Contact your surgeon as soon as possible, or go to the ER.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Need to be seen as soon as possible

Sounds like you may have a hematoma. I suggest contacting your surgeon as soon as possible. If you can not reach the surgeon I would advice on heading to the closest ER in order to have you treated.

Good luck!

Really bad pain on the right side

Bsed on your information, you may be dealing with a delayed hematoma or seroma.  This needs to be attended to immediately if you are having drainage from the incisions.  I would recommend that you make a trip to the ED where there is an OR and where the surgeon has privileges. I would first call the office of course.  BUT please get this looked at now.  Your best bet is early treatment.  Good luck
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear you're in pain after your breast augmentation.  You should call your plastic surgeon or their answering service today for evaluation.  The emergency room is really not equipped to handle this type of situation.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to direct you on what to do.  You could have a hematoma or infection that may require antibiotics or additional surgery.  Best to coordinate this with your plastic surgeon today prior to going to the ER so they can advise you the best course of action. Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

I had breast augmentation 11 days ago and am now leaking

Since you are in such excruciating pain, best to be seen in ER asap...you may have an infection or hematoma and that will require both surgical and medical management. Best to let your operating surgeon know so he or she can also see you in the ER. Good luck!

Hello, this is an important question! I recommend contacting your #BCPS and head to your local ED for treatment for a likely #hematoma or #seroma. Best wishes to you.

You should get in touch with your surgeon ASAP and inquire on the next actions. Best of luck. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implant issue

Do you have an infection? Why are you leaking? These are some of the issues that need to be addressed. You are best to discuss this with your surgeon.