Shampoo after Hair Transplant ?

Hey, I am now 1 Month post OP the shedding started 1 week ago and my question is which shampoo shall I use after 1 month ? I dont know it and my doctor cant give me the right answer. Do you think that it isn't that important which Shampoo you use after 1 month ? I started using baby shampoo is that ok ? thank you for your help :)

Never hesitate to ask your doctor questions after a procedure

First of all, you should always go back to your doctor to ask them how to take care of any site after surgery. We all have our preferences but at month out, you can use any shampoo you like.  Your grafts are firmly in place and shampoo will not harm them. For my patients with itching post-op I recommend a medicated shampoo over-the-counter with zinc to help calm them down. Nothing fancy is necessary.

San Antonio Dermatologist

Why would you think that your doctor cannot give you the right answer? Many doctors recommend baby shampoo but

Why would you think that your doctor cannot give you the right answer?  Many doctors recommend baby shampoo but it is best to find out what your doctor recommends.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shampoo 1 month after a hair transplant

Think that you are now normal and whatever you like for shampoo or conditioners is fine to use now. Many doctors sell you a shampoo as a money maker, I send you to the pharmacy and tell you to buy what you like.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shampoo

Some doctors like to use certain shampoos in the first month. However no studies Exist to show that there is any superiority to one approaches vs other. Sometimes Evenbaby shampoo is just fine

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Shampoo after Hair Transplant

I recommend to use a ph-balanced shampoo (like a baby shampoo) every day during the first postoperative week. After that period, you can resume your habits (rhythm, shampoo and water temperature).

Jean Devroye, MD
Belgium Hair Restoration Surgeon