What are my options for revision surgery? (photos)

30 yo, no kids very active. 10 wks post op. Implants have stopped dropping and are sitting very high. They are sitting above my actual breast tissue, making it look like I have a breast above another breast. I was told I need another lift to remove the tissue that won't absorb the implant. Pecs were very muscular to begin with, and I've heard the reason my implants won't drop anymore is because my tissue is too dense. Is this the case? Is it operator error? Or my anatomy that is causing this?

Implants not dropping

I do not look at results critically for a minimum of three months following surgery.  If your implants are still sitting too high, it may be that  your muscle may need further release in order to allow the implants to drop appropriately.  Unfortunately, this will require another surgery.  I don't think it has anything to do with tissue density or that you have muscular pecs.

Final Appearance May take a Little Longer

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result. Therefore I would allow a little more time for your implants to relax before you worry too much. Sometimes massaging them or moving the implants around a little can help with the process of settling into place. If after three months you are still feeling too tight or as though they are too high then I would suggest an appointment with your surgeon.

Persistently High Breast Implants

At 10 weeks after your surgery you are pretty much looking at the final outcome which is imperfect. The good new is that it can be corrected but the bad news is that it would require another combination of operations to bring the implants right behind the nipple complex or to lift the nipple complex (by a breast lift) to the mid portion of the implants. This requires releasing the scar tissue which normally firms around the implants and repositioning the implants were they need to be. It is best to do so when the inflammation and scarring around the implants has softened around 6-8 months after the surgery. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Double bubble

This repair would be require 3 steps. First, an open capsulectomy. The implants need to be lowered. Next, replace with high profile silicone implants. Lastly, a breast lift is needed to reposition the areolas. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS