I have 2 indented scars on my fore head. How can they be treated? (Photos)

I've had both of these scars for over a year.

Doctor Answers 4

2 indented scars on my forehead. How can they be treated?

Thank you for your question and photographs. I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination but it appears that each scar would do well with subcision and filler placement.  The subcision will help release the tethered scar tissue while the filler material will help even the scar with the surrounding skin.  Hope this helps.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Treatment of forehead scars

Depending upon the cause of the scars. length of the scars and source of the scars, you might be a candidate for laser resurfacing to smooth out the scars or possibly a surgical revision to bring them closer to your hairline. Fillers might be an option but not likely as good an option. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

Facial scarring is best treated with a combination approach which can include lasers, fillers, peels, subcision, and skin care. I frequently use Bellafill to treat depressed scarring. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Indented Scars and Fillers

A small amount of filler should help treat this area such as Restylane or Juvederm into the scar.  Please consult an expert with cosmetic injections and scars. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.