Concerned about bleeding or displacement? (Photo)

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post opp. 215 ccs, silicone and under the muscle. I have been experiencing little to mostly no pain. Two days ago let my partner mildly play with my breasts, I was sore the next day, and I also slipped and fell. Since then my left breast is slightly more swollen, I can see/feel more side boob, and I'm having inconsistent and slight pain in my left breast. Is there reason to be concerned?

Problems

Based on your photos you look fine. If you fell and hit your breast it may very well should be more sore. It is best to let your surgeon just take a look at you.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Breast issue

Any change in symptoms is probably best reviewed in person with your surgeon. It would probably be best to see him.

Concerned about bleeding or displacement?

Your pictures don't show any hematoma or displacement. You should follow up with your surgeon to be sure that you are healing normally.

Don W. Griffin, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your new onset left breast symptoms.  Though your picture does not demonstrate any significant signs of concern, I would let your surgeon know about what took place.  They may wish to follow you along closely to ensure that the swelling and discomfort subsides quickly.  Best wishes. 

I do not see anything concerning in your photograph; given your concerns best to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will your best resource for accurate assessment and likely meaningful reassurance. Best wishes.

Seems OK

It seems OK and within the range of swelling.
Safest to send the photos to your plastic surgeon for evaluation

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

2-1/2 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation - Concerned About Bleeding & Displacement

Your left breast looks slightly bruised at the top, and appears slightly larger and lower at the bottom.  Since we don't have any pictures immediately after the surgery, it is hard to assess whether this is a significant change or not.

Since this is 48 hours since the fall occurred, it may just be swelling from the injury or it could be something more.  I would call your personal plastic surgeon ASAP.  He or she I am sure has a protocol for dealing with this sort of problem.  If you were my patient, I would see you immediately today since it is possible to stop a slow leak and obviate the necessity for a second surgery.  

Concerned about bleeding or displacement of breast implants?

Typically if you had significant bleeding or hematoma he would have extreme pain, significant swelling and tightness of the breast.  Your history does not suggest hematoma.  However it is best that she contact your plastic surgeon for an examination and person to be safe and determine if anything significant has happened to you.