3 month post op SmartLipo lumps and indentation- are revisions or additional procedures needed to fix irregularities? (photos)

I've had the right indentation near my navel since 2nd week postop and smaller lumps on the left side. I've used lymphatic massage and ultra sound, but I haven't seen much improvement. It's disheartening because my abdomen used to be smooth and now I feel even more self conscious. Are there any procedures or alternative options I can look into to help resolve the irregularities? My doctor mentioned it may take a full 6 months to see the final result, but I feel like the indent is here to stay :(

3 month post op SmartLipo lumps and indentation- are revisions or additional procedures needed to fix irregularities

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction revision should be performed at a minimum of 6 months to allow for healing.  Irregular hard areas can be improved with massage, external US, and just time.  Best Wishes and continue communication with your surgeon.

I would wait a full 6 months before doing anything

no one can predict how much you will change in the next 3 months but there are definitely going to be changes and usually for the better. There is no harm at all in waiting a further 3 months and you may be pleasantly surprised how much things improve by then.
Don't rush into anything.

good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

I would suggest a fat grafting procedure to revise the indentations or a full hi definition procedure to contour and reshape the entire area while also getting rid of the indentations.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How to fix lipo irregularities

Your appearance can be improved with a combination of liposhifting, fat injections and revisionary liposuction. This can all be done under local anesthesia and has a relatively quick recovery.