My nose widens when smiling and I have a very chubby face (overweight). Does the fat on my face plays a role with that? (photo)

i have a really chubby face with full of fat like the face bellow. Will my nose widen less after losing weight?

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from alarplasty to decrease the width of your alar base. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Widening of the nose with smile

Thanks for posting your question and photo. Almost everyone has a widening of the nose when smiling. This happens regardless of whether your face is thin or fat. It has to do with pulling from the underlying facial musculature. You may have a surgical procedure called an "alar base reduction" to narrow the bottom 1/3 of the nose.  "Lateral osteotomies" during a rhinoplasty can narrow the upper 2/3 of the nose. 
You should speak with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss your options in person.
Best of luck,Dr. P

Benjamin C. Paul, MD