Wire only passing through half of braces? (Photo)

Today I wokeup and my tooth started to hurt a bit when i was eating. I checked and I noticed that on 1 tooth, the wire wasnt fully passing through braces on 1 tooth, only a half or so, you can see on picture. You can see in one tooth the braces more towards inside and wire doesnt pass through it.Is this normal? What should I do if its not? Im on vacation and next time I can see my dentist is in 1 month

Orthodontic brackets should be fully engaged

There is generally a plan by your dentist, so it may be on purpose.  Was the wire fully engaged previously and not it is not?  I would try to see your dentist as soon as possible, but don't worry much.  It will all work out.

Seattle Dentist