Upturned tip and columellar strut - how much will it drop?

Hello ! I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago involving osteotomies, tip work with a collumelar strut. My tip seems too upturned and my nostrils show more than before. I read that the tip might drop a little bit. Is this a possibility even with the strut ? How many degrees/millimeters can we expect, on average ? My skin is mildly thick (i have middle eastern heritage). Thank you very much for your answers.

Tip rhinoplasty

Columella strut grafts could cause an upturned and over projected tip if they are placed in the wrong position or if they are too long.  The nasal tip can drop by 1-2 mm in the years following rhinoplasty depending on what technique was used.  Best to discuss this with your surgeon.  Hope this is helpful.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD