Does a periareolar skin reduction helps in my case after having a gynecomastia surgery and a minor? (photos)

I had a gynecomastia surgery and breast liposuction last year, it was followed after 6 months by a minor to make the size of periareolar smaller but the final result was unsatisfactory as shown in the photos I am sharing. My surgeon suggested to have another periareolar skin reduction which might help but I am not really certain if that would resolve the issue with less damages on the shape of my periareolar . Appreciate you advise as I am really frustrated.

Residual Gland Tissue in my opinion

Hi. In my opinion, you still seem to have some residual gland tissue. You will benefit from a repeat Gland Excision. 

Does a periareolar skin reduction helps in my case after having a gynecomastia surgery and a minor?

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Good advice  Thank you's wuld require in-person evaluation but some general thoughts may be helpful to you. Based on your photographs, I would have concerns that residual breast tissue is what is causing the "puffiness". However, when considering additional surgery, it will be wise to keep in mind the potential downsides associated with additional tissue excision. For example, one of the potential problems (complications) with additional excision may be a  resulting contour depression of the area. In other words, you may end up with a "saucer deformity"  if too much tissue is removed.
Best for you to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who, after careful physical examination will be your best resource for good advice.  Otherwise, in-person second opinion consultations may be helpful to you. Best wishes. 

It appears that you have residual tissue with some form of recurrence. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

When to Consider Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi Joerali.dxb,
Thanks for the post and photos. You have residual tissue under the areolas and would require another surgery to treat.  Treating the periareolar skin will not help as much as removing the excess tissue. The key is to not over-resect and create a crater deformity. I recommend either following up with your surgeon or seek a second opinion with a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia and specifically revision gynecomastia surgery.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Areola shape adjustment

I believe you look fine over all but your aureoles could use a little fine tuning.   This is a simple but very delicate surgery that must be well thought out.     I think you could do this awake and probably in a few hours.   My Best,  Dr Commons