I have a surgery scar on my nose. Is it a danger to try the laser Fraxel Dual restore on it? (Photo)

My skin is a bit dark !

EMatirx or fractional laser for scar revision

I can hardly visulaize the scar that you note in your picture and assume that it is therefore a minor one. In pigmented skin eMatrix is a better scar revision procedure than fractional lasers/ eMatrix uses sublative RF energy and is not a laser device.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Scar and lasers

I would consult a dermatologist who specializes in scar treatments.  The Fraxel laser works well as does the eMatrix.  Patients with darker skin I recommend the eMatrix for scars.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Fraxel and Scars

I cant see your scar in these pictures, which means (and I assume) its minor. Yes, the Permea by Solta would be an ideal treatment for you. I recommend doing a series of 3 with 4 weeks in between. We use topical numbing cream for about 30 minutes, and the laser treatment itself is about 30 minutes. I would treat you on level HIGH and use 100% of the tip each treatment. #fractionaldiode   #permea  #scar