Hard lump after a tummy tuck
It is difficult to make an assessment form the picture with the bandages on. However, a lump like that does not appear normal.
Abnormal bulges from a tummy tuck can be caused by the following:
1. Seroma (i.e., a pocket of fluid under your skin)
2. Hematoma (i.e., a collection of clotted blood)
3. Incomplete tightening of the abdominal muscles,
4. Break in the plication sutures
5. Cyst formation (after several weeks)
6. Bulging of the drain
Please visit your surgeon so he/she can make an assessment.
Without an in-person examination, it is difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern. Thus, it would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon to fully assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.