6 weeks post op Gynecomastia, do I need a revision? (photos)

I had my gynecomastia surgery 6 weeks ago " liposuction + gland removed. I'm not satisfied by the results. I think I have skin excess I would like to have a second surgery?

What to Expect After Gynecomastia Surgery

It's very early to consider #revision surgery. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia

It will take months for skin to tighten.  Right now you are swollen and still need to heal.  Good chance that in 3 to 6 months you will be ecstatic. 

Tim Neavin, MD

Too early

It's too early to see the final result. A lot of swelling is still present and needs to subside before you can make a determination. Continue wearing compression garments and stop pinching it! If after several months there is some residual tissue. You can discuss if a revision is appropriate

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Need revision?

hola Lamine, i agree with Dr.Shuster, you need to wait, and if you haven't had lymphatic drainage massage that may help. 

hydrate the skin.

good luck!

Eduardo Mejia, MD

Six weeks post op

It's too early to see your final result. Hang in there and keep your post op appointments with your surgeon.