Forehead reconstruction + forehead lowering surgery procedure. Is it safer to see an anaesthetist before the surgery?

I would like to know if a general anaesthesia can be dangerous for me in this kind of surgery because I have already had an asthma attack during an intervention when I was younger... Is it safer to see an anaesthetist before the surgery? Thank you for answering me as soon as possible.

Hairline lowering surgery

Ask your doctor about this. Most doctors who do this do it under local anesthesia but some do require general anesthesia which would of course require consultation with an anesthesiologist. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is It Safe to See An Anesthetist Before Surgery

Of coarse it would be safe to see the anesthesia provider before surgery. My MD anesthesiologist always talks to my patients before the day of surgery. An appointment to meet with her in person can be arranged if the patient desires.

Preoperative evaluation

if you know who is to be your anesthesiologist, have a discussion with him/her before you have surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Might save you some time. . .

General anesthesia in the modern medical world is very safe.  Your anesthesiologist will do a thorough evaluation of your general health and will make sure that you are in optimal condition before surgery.  They will do this whether they see you in advance or the day of surgery.  There are a few conditions that may require pre treatment to get the patient into optimal condition.  The risk you take by waiting until the day of surgery to see your anesthesiologist is that if they feel you have one of these conditions they will cancel your surgery.  So the only risk is that you will waste time and have to reschedule surgery, reschedule time off, etc.  These cancellation-worthy conditions are rare, and if your episode was in the distant past I think your risk of being such a situation is small.  Just raise your concerns to your surgeon.  Remember, your surgeon wants the same thing you do - for your surgery to smoothly and as scheduled.  Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist