Would this be easy to laser out? (Photo)

I am thinking to start laser removal of my tattoo. Is placed on my back and each bird is about 2.5cm×3.5cm max. Also only about 4months old. I have been looking and I could only find clinics with Q switched ruby lasers. I am concerned about the white outline. Also it hurt when I had it done which makes me wonder if s placed to deep. . .

Tattoo with white ink

Thanks for posting your question. Q-switch Ruby lasers are great options for sky blue and green ink. For your tattoo, I would find a provider with a 1064 YAG laser. It doesn't have to be a certain name brand of laser - the wavelength is the important thing. Some white ink can be difficult to remove and may turn darker after treatment. This doesn't mean it can't be removed, it just means it may take a little longer. Bonne Chance, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

White with dark pigment tattoo removal

I'm somewhat afraid of the Ruby laser. I'd go with a Pico laser because the white ink is difficult to remove. You should go with a laser with multiple wavelengths and not the Picosure. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo Removal/White Ink--Laser Tattoo Removal --PicoWay--Takes a series of treatments

This can be removed with lasers in a series of treatments. The PicoWay Laser would be a good choice. White ink can be a challenge to remove, so please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer