First consultation. I think the result will be too small for my high and shape so i need advises. (photos)

i have got my first consultation. The surgeon talked me about anayomical prothesis but i don't know also if it fits better then round ones.... He didn't say me about the volume also... Please help me!!!

First consultation

It sounds like you and your potential surgeon may not have communicated very well. Communication and mutual understanding of your expectations is an important part of getting a good result. it is important for you to be open and honest about what size you are hoping your breasts to be. It is equally important that your surgeon give you honest professional advice on what is possible given your individual anatomy. It never hurts to get more than one opinion. 

Breast size and shape

It is important to make a very detailed analysis of your body measurements, your type of personality and your expectations of surgery.  This decision is really complex and you need to bee comfortable and confident with your plastic surgeon to take any decision.
thanks   

Dario Felipe Cabello, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Surgery Demands Good Patient-Doctor Communications

You must have a good rapport with a surgeon to achieve your cosmetic goals. For this reason, you may have to talk with at least 2-3 doctors to choose who among them you're comfortable with and trust deeply.

Your doctor must be able to explain to you in layman's term the pros and cons of breast implant types (saline vs. silicone), different sizes, outer shell (smooth vs. textured), and shape (round vs. teardrop). To further improve communications, a good surgeon will use every available tool that will allow his patient to preview the likely results of the surgery.

Examples of these tools include implant sizers, rice test, 3D computer imaging technology, photo gallery of previous patients, etc.

I hope that helps and good luck.

Breast implants - Shaped or round - what volume?

You need to be examined in person to determine what would suit you best. When choosing an implant, the surgeon is guided by what the patient desires. It is then essential for the surgeon to examine you, take some measurements and recommend what would suit your body. You breast base diameter determines what size implant you can have and how big you can go, and yet look natural. Although, various morphing softwares can help give you an idea of what your augmented breasts might look like, it is important for you to try sizers in garments to help you get a 'real' 3D feel and also give you an idea as to what it would feel like to carry that extra weight. The Biodynamic breast analysis system is an excellent method of helping patients choose their implants.

Your breasts will have a naturally augmented look if you select the right implant. A natural aesthetic breast tends to have a gentle slope in the upper part, peaking at the nipple and a rounded lower part of the breast. This can be achieved by using a natural shaped or anatomical shaped or tear drop shaped implant. These are implants that taper towards the top (towards your collar bone, on your chest) and are fuller at the bottom (towards your abdomen), giving the breast a more natural shape. A large implant can result in a rounded appearance in the upper pole, rather than a gentle slope. But if this is what you desire, then this is what you may need to go for.

An anatomical profile or tear drop profile or shaped implant can potentially rotate, but this is dependent on the technique and when properly done, this is not usually an issue. On the other hand, round implants are uniformly round and full in all directions, so rotation doesn't affect the shape of the breast.
Whilst it is nice to have larger boobs, it is equally important for them to look as natural as possible. As a general rule, the larger the implant, the harder it is to hide them. One should also take in to account the weight of the implants. The larger the implants, the heavier they will be and this can have adverse effects on your breast envelope. The breast can end up being droopy with a stretched skin envelope in future if the implants are heavy. This may necessitate reducing the volume of the implant and doing a breast uplift procedure in future.

Implant choice

Implants are chosen to suit your frame and the desired shape you want to achieve.  They are chosen on dimensions and should be chosen to fit the width of the base of your breast.  
The final result is a combination of what you have and the implant shape and size.  With individuals who have little breast tissue, wanting a natural result, a shaped implant may be more appropriate.  With patients having some volume of their own or wanting a full result, one of the ranges of round implants may be required.
Your surgeon should be able to advise, having understood your wishes and examined you.
Go back and re-discuss matters or seek a second opinion.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Shaped implants

I prefer not to use shaped or anatomical implants in my practice because of the possibility of rotational deformity. Smooth round saline and silicone gel implants of a moderate plus profile look quite natural and do not have the concerns of rotation. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Anatomic implants are common in Europe. You need to go back and talk to your surgeon. You may be able to get the information you need from the nurse. I don't recommend buying a specific number (size) but rather picking a desired look.Anatomic implants will give you a more sloped upper pole. Round implants will give a more rounded upper pole. Each type has advantages. I don't see anything about your photos that would require one over the other.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

I would never advise going into surgery with questions or doubts.  I would suggest 3D photographic imaging so that you will be able to see exactly what you will look like with a particular implant.  This is something you need to feel very comfortable with going into a breast augmentation.

John Burns, MD

Breast augmentation

The first step to a breast augmentation is a consultation which will comprise of a discussion regarding your expectations and your overall health. Your existing breast width is a key factor to choose your breast implant profile. Breast implants come in different shapes and qualities. Try to describe your desires and expectations as clearly as possible. Critical success factors for your surgery are a unique combination of thorough discussion and accurate measurements.

Ioannis Varnalidis, MD, PhD
Greece Plastic Surgeon

First consultation. I think the result will be too small for my high and shape so i need advises.

The decision regarding breast implant size can be confusing. The correct size for you is based on your breast dimensions and your desired post-op appearance. You don't want an implant that is wider than your breast. I would suggest trying on the implants with a sports bra so that you can visualize your post-op appearance. Good luck!