If I do a breast lift, will it be possible to "make them the same size" without implants..?

My boobs are pointing down and they're also not the same size ; the right one is way bigger than the left one, so I was wondering if a doctor could make them the same size by : 1) taking some fat out of the bigger one or 2) taking some fat out of the bigger one and putting it in the small one. Problem is I don't have huge breasts so... I waiting for your advice.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster and drains are not necessary. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift

You can certainly improve symmetry during a bilateral breast lift. This is typically achieved  by removing tissue from the larger breast.   No two breasts are the same.  So, perfect symmetry is not a realistic goal.  

Best of luck.

Michael McClure M.D.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Best of luck.

Michael McClure M.D.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Fixing asymmetry is very common in a breast procedure.  If you are an appropriate candidate, this can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast lift

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Yes it is possible to make your breasts much more similarly sized by reducing one breast and lifting both.  I generally am not a big believer in fat grafting breasts to augment them and you certainly would not take tissue from one breast and add it to the other.  Best of luck.

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for you question. When having a mastopexy / breast lift, it is possible to enhance the symmetry of the breast and therefore to make them appear more similar in terms of size and shape. It is not possible to guarantee that the breast will look identical, but definitely, more similar. See a plastic surgeon with a wide experience in breast surgery and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

All the best. 

Andrea Marando

Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Manchester, UK

All the best. 

Andrea Marando

Breast Lift will help...

Greetings,

Uneven breasts or breast asymmetry is very common in most people. Slight variations in hand size, foot size, breast size and even differences in the two sides of the face are very common and normal.

If the smaller breast has not developed normally, a breast implant will be necessary.

However, if you have adequate breast tissue with one breast simply larger than the other normally shaped breast, the larger breast can be surgically reduced in size to match the other smaller breast with the breast lift.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Have a great day! 

Breast Lift will help...

Greetings,

Have a great day! 

Breast Lift

Thanks for your question. Often the best way to achieve symmetry is to perform a “lift” or reduction on the bigger breast to match the smaller breast. Both breasts can then have the volume augmented with a small implant if required. Another option is to insert asymmetric implants however this will not correct the nipple position and is harder to achieve symmetry. As for which would be the best option for you, that can only be determined after consulting with you either in person or over a video call. I recommend setting up a consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon.

Breast Lift

Breast asymmetry and ptosis

Restoring shape and volume is what breast enhancement procedures are all about.  When there is loose skin, this must be addressed.  There are many options available with different lift procedures and a multitude of breast implant options.  Here is a basic list of the four options available:

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)
  2. Breast lift combined with a small breast implant (below the muscle)
  3. Breast lift followed by a large breast implant (2 separate procedures)
  4. Breast implant alone (on top of the muscle, silicone)

Every woman is built differently and every breast is different, even on the same person.  So, each procedure is customized for every individual.  The final decision on how to proceed can be made after a history and physical examination, detailed measurements, photographs, computer simulation, trying on sizers, reviewing before and after photographs of other women similar in shape and size and talking with your surgeon.  A surgical plan will be developed that depends on:

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs breast enhancement procedures frequently.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and a very high patient satisfaction rating.

Good Luck!

Breast asymmetry and ptosis

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Good Luck!

Achieving Symmetry with a Breast Lift

One of the goals of breast lift surgery is to make the breasts symmetrical. You can remove tissue from the larger one to match. However, you cannot simply take the tissue from the larger breast and place it in the smaller one. If you have excess fat in other parts of your body, you may be able to graft some of that fat into the smaller breast. You would need to be seen in consultation for a proper evaluation of what the best option would be for you. 

*Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

Achieving Symmetry with a Breast Lift

Intended Results of Lift, Correcting Asymmetry

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume. One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.