What is the recommended length of time on wearing the compression garment? I'm almost 10 weeks post Tumescent Lipo

Recommended Time for Wearing Compression Garment After Liposuction

The recommended time for wearing the compression garment is 4-6 weeks to prevent any fluid collection in the lower abdomen area.  After that period of time, you can wear Spanx for extra compression during the healing process.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of Luck!

Garment

I ask my patients to wear the first stage garment for 2 weeks, and then the second stage for 2 weeks during the day. For some patients, especially older patients, who had liposuction to the knees and thighs, they may need some compression up to 6 weeks.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction

Thank you for your question about tumescent liposuction.

I typically have my patients wear compression consistently for two weeks and then after that for comfort measures only.

Each plastic surgeon is different.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liposuction - how long to wear the garment.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.
  • As long as the garment is comfortable and helping to control your swelling, it is fine to wear it.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Important Early

The compression garments are best used early.
After several weeks or a month or so the benefit is not that great.

Compression garment

I like patients to wear a compression garment for 3-6 weeks, but some do not even recommend one. Best to ask your surgeon his thoughts.