Fractured Eye Socket?

About 12 days ago i was running and i tripped over a retaining wall and landed mostly on my eye/forehead i was not knocked out but was numb to the pain. I went back to the apartment and my eye immediately swelled closed. My eye was swollen shut for about three days. I had blurry and doubled vision out of the hurt eye. following the swelling i had a black eye. now my eyebrow and under is still slightly swollen and hurts to the touch. should I be worried I have a fractured eye socket?

Eye issue

It is always best to get a proper evaluation of your eye to make sure there is not a fracture.  Good luck.

Eye issue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Eye injury and fracture

Certainly there is a possibility of a fracture. The double vision is a serious sign and could indicate entrapment of your muscles that move your eye. You need to see a plastic surgeon that is familiar with orbital fractures. Delaying treatment can have serious future ramifications.

Robin T.W.Yuan,M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Eye injury and fracture

Robin T.W.Yuan,M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Fractured Eye Socket?

It is impossible to know without examining you. It does sound like you had a severe injury. You should be evaluated by a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon. An examination will provide most, if not all, of the information needed. If you do appear to have a fracture you will likely require a CT scan to determine if surgery is necessary and to plan that procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Fractured Eye Socket?

Stephen Weber MD, FACS