I'm 31 yrs old, mother of 3, 5'4, 160lbs. I want 650cc Saline. Is there a chance I can avoid the lift? (photos)

Hi I will love to have larger FULLER breast. I'm terrified in getting a lift because of the scarfs. Is there a chance i can avoid the lift??? Thanks..

Fullness will be obtained with implants, BUT shape will be all wrong unless a lift is also done

sapphireU,

From the information gained from the frontal photos, you will not attain a nice shape without a lift and may have a significant shape problem if implants are placed but a lift is not done. The degree of sag that you have is not apparent in the lateral views, as your breast folds run  obliquely from high along the breast bone to low at the lateral chest. This makes the overhang look to be less in side view than it obviously is in frontal view. Also, your nipple position is quite low, with areola diameter stretch. The determinant of need for lift has to do with the relationship between the actual fold level and the actual nipple level, and is never as simple as an arbitrary measurement from collarbone to nipple.  Volume alone will not correct the position of the nipple, as it is the breast geometry that leads to the need for a lift, and adding implants alone does not change this geometry relationship.  Full information concerning the various types of breast lifts with implants, and when they are used is found at the link below.  I hope that this helps. 

Tom DeWire, MD, FACS    

Richmond, VA

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

??Avoid a lift??

You can try, but I think there is a high chance of an unsatisfying result with the appearance of your breast tissue hanging off the implants.  But if that happens, you may choose to go ahead with a lift. Or you may wish you never had surgery at all if the thought of a lift is so troublesome. 

At that volume, and with thin upper pole breast tissue I would also suggest a careful discussion with your surgeon about silicone v. saline.

All the best. 

Breast Augmentation with Lift for Superior Results

#BreastAugmentation without a #BreastLift is usually a mistake looked back on by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight altering the longevity of the results. The shape will usually not be satisfactory and sometimes results with “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.
I usually prefer to both lift and augmentation in one surgery. A number of plastic surgeons prefer two separate stages or surgeries; the mastopexy followed by implant surgery. These procedures are usually staged at 2-3 months minimum to allow for swelling and healing to be at a reasonable point.
My revision rate for one stage or a combined surgery, is less than 15%. Two stages is not necessary for at least 85% of the patients when performed by and experienced Plastic Surgeon.
There are a variety of techniques for these operations. Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, #anchor lift(inverted T ).
I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

I'm 31 yrs old, mother of 3, 5'4, 160lbs. I want 650cc Saline. Is there a chance I can avoid the lift?

Hi,
Thank you for your question and photos.

Women no longer need to have breast augmentations with implants to achieve FULLER breasts. The Ultimate Breast Lift method uses the tissue you have to reshape and re-position breasts high on the chest wall without the extra cost, risks/complications, and maintenance associated with breast implants. The dreaded vertical incision has also been completely eliminated. Scars are hidden around the areola and in the infra-mammary crease. Implants alone will not and cannot lift breasts. Your degree of sagginess requires a powerful lift. Implants in the 600cc range are too large and will not be stable. Please visit the breast lift with augmentation revision forum on this site for real patient stories. Please know that breast implants are heavy and can cause irreversible soft tissue damage, stretch deformities, chronic pain, etc. Unfortunately, many surgeons won't discuss long term consequences from large breast implants. Be informed. This site is a great start. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants or lift

Ideally you should have a lift with implants.  Your breasts are too low to get by with an implant alone.  Also, I would advise you go with smaller implants.  If you want implants that large, it would be safest to perform the procedure in two stages.  Have the lift done first and the implants inserted after three months.  This is the safest approach and will also give you the best result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Do I need a breast lift?

Thee are several different options and one involves no lift. Without a lift, you would definitely be fuller but still be sagging. If you can accept that, then that could definitely be done with a small cut only.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

BL + Augmentation

Hi thanks so much for your pictures and for your inquiry. If you proceed with just the augmentation you might fill out your breast skin, but you must be aware that your nipple would be facing down and your back after a while, would be aching because of the weight. I would suggest you go with the BL plus augmentation, the outcome would be more aesthetic and more functional for your back. Please have a face to face consultation with an expert board certified surgeon in order to get an accurate advice and to discuss thoroughly all your expectations vs. possible outcome and the technique that will suit your case the most. Good luck in your PS Journey!

Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, in my practice, I would not offer you breast augmentation surgery alone; you will not be pleased with the outcome of this procedure ( performed without breast lifting).

Generally speaking,  patients undergoing breast surgery should do enough homework to fully understand the surgical options, pro/cons of each option, and the potential risk/complications associated with each option.  This education will allow patients to make an informed decision about the best option for them and/or determine the best timing ( including considerations of life circumstances…) to undergo the surgical procedure ( if at all).

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope and tissue.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

I hope the attached link is helpful to you.

Avoid lift

Based on your pre-operative photos, I would recommend a lift prior to an augmentation. I generally perform this as a 2 stage operation.

Gary Talbert, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Is there a chance I can avoid the lift?

Implants will provide additional volume that you're looking for, but they can only do so much. The implant will sit over the natural footprint of your breast and will provide volume. However, the drooping of the skin and low nipple position will not be corrected.

A lift is performed to place the nipple and areola on top of the implant. Once patients are able to accept the trade-off between additional scarring and new breast shape, they are typically very happy with their choice to have a lift.

Discussion with your surgeon will help you decide how to proceed.