What is the Safest and Most Effective Way for Skin Lightening?

I am 46-yr-old Asian woman with type IV skin. I want to lighten my skin tone a couple shades. I tried all sorts of skin lightening creams, either over the counter or prescriptions for years, with no results. I also tried TCA peel and IPL but only brightening the skin not lightening. Please let me know are there any other options and their pros and cons. Thanks.

Skin lightening in Asian skin

The safest way to lighten your skin is first and foremost to stay out of the sun and use a high SPF daily along with a hat to protect yourself from the sun. That being said, there are a myriad of hydroquinone and hydroquinone free bleaching creams that you can utilize.  Depending on whether you have pigmentation you may benefit from chemical peels or Cosmelan treatment.  Please find an experienced board certified dermatologist in your area.