Where do I start? I want a mommy make-over. (photos)

I've had one cesarean. My goal is not to become "thin". I've lost a large amount of weight on my own and I'm at a stand still. I just want all the excess fat gone and my body sculpted. I'm wanting a breast reduction & lift, tummy tuck, and body liposuction from my neck, arms, back and thigh areas. I have no health problems and I'm willing to travel.

Mommy Makeover

A good place to start is an in person evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon. For your safety, it is important to be at your ideal body weight.  Your surgeon may want a medical clearance from your primary care physician.

Where do I start?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures 

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing. That is why you should need a evaluation in person with your Surgeon, to see the ideal weight to make the procedures that you would need.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

We recommend home in your case a tummy tuck + a Mastopexy associated with a side liposuction to reduce the waistline.

It is not possible to perform all of these procedures in a single time
surgical. You have to divide it in two days, with a minimum interval of six monthsbetween one and the other. The most in a single time is two
large and as much other minor procedure surgeries.
Liposculpture volume must not exceed 30% of the body and will also depend on the clinical condition of the patient.
The fact of exceeding 30%, would destabilize the patient from the
hemodynamic and put point of view and risk his life, which are not
I agree. We recommend home in your case a tummy tuck + a Mastopexy associated with a side liposuction to reduce the waistline.

Franklin De Jesus, MD

Where do I start? I want a mommy make-over.

If you are at a reasonable weight, this combination can be performed in a healthy individual.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photo.

congrats on your weight loss. I suggest to contact several PS and go over all your concerns but you already seem to be a great candidate for a MM.

best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  You will learn about the various procedures and can be evaluated to see if you are a candidate for surgery.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Try to continue and lead a healthy lifestyle.  It will be helpful as you prepare for surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

Where to Start for Mommy Makeover

The mommy makeover is a  combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy . Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.

Pregnancy along with aging result in  weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as  breasts  and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face.

It causes fat to be deposited in other unwanted areas, like your hips or thighs. It stretches the abdominal wall skin and muscle tone. And you can actually approach each of those areas and rejuvenate them and in some cases make them  better than before pregnancy. Its always best to be at your ideal stable weight.

The best thing to do in order to get advice for a mommy makeover is to visit a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to see which combined procedures will best meet your desired results. Good luck.

Thank you for your question. The first place to start is to have consultations with experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There  is a mini tummy tuck,  Full tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam. 

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

A mommy makeover, where do you start?

You should definitely sit down with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss this. Quite simply, patients usually start with the priority area they want improved. Talk to your plastic surgeon and formulate a plan that fits your desires.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Want a mommy make-over with extensive liposuction

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Congratulations on your weight loss - well done!
  • Even though you have lost weight, your photo suggests you are still much too heavy to be a candidate for a tummy tuck.
  • To find out what you need to weight to be considered for elective cosmetic surgery, go on-line and enter "calculate BMI." 
  • A formula will come up. Just enter your height and weight. If your BMI is 30 or lower - surgery is fine.
  • A BMI of 35 - 31, you can have surgery but results may disappoint you.
  • So figure out how much you need to lose to have a BMI below 35.
  • If you are more than 100 pounds above your ideal weight, you might consider bariatric surgery (a gastric bypass) to lose weight.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD