What are some procedures that could fix the appearance of this. (photos)

I'm 9 weeks post op from a neck lift. involved lipo under jaw line, tightening under chin, and an incision behind each ear. I still have some fat under my chin and jowls. My insecurity now is this tuft of skin from how I was sewn. I'm more self conscious now than before. I will follow up on the 9th. I would like to be informed on some of the things to discuss and methods to request that may help.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. While revision surgeries are available for all procedures, you are too early in your healing process to determine if a revision is necessary. It would be helpful to see pictures of your before your surgery. I suggest that you continue following your recovery instructions and stay in contact with your surgeon regarding best healing practices.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

What are some procedures that could fix the appearance of this.

Kizzy,It seems that you may have some redundant skin at either end of your incision.  This may improve as you continue to recover.  I don't know how much loose skin you had prior to this procedure so it is hard to comment whether more can be taken.  In my practice, when patients have significant excess skin of the neck, I find it easiest to address this concern in conjunction with a face lift.  I'm not saying you need a face lift but your surgeon will be your best resource.  Good luck and be safe.John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICSDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- Neck Lift, VASER Hi Def Lipo/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

You may need a revision procedure or at least botox, RF treatments like exilis and/or venus legacy and lymphatic massage at this time soften the area as there seems to be a lot of swelling.  Please speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck contour irregularities

This would be considered "dog ears" or more technically "standing cones" and has several causes related to the patient's presentation as well as the technique of surgery.  Time and massage will help although it is likely that another procedure would be necessary to improve the condition.  At the time of the original procedure it may have been partially avoided by lengthening the incision but then the scar would have been longer and thus more visible.  Sometimes these will exist because the surgeon knows that they will improve with time whereas a longer scar is forever.  You should discuss this with your surgeon if you have confidence in him/her or seek another opinion.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Swelling after neck lift

Thank you for your pictures.  depending on the technique done used for the submental area (the area under your chin where the incision is), this can be due to a variety of reasons.  This swelling can often be transient - the degree of work done under the neck determines how much of this will settle down.  Discuss with your doc possibly doing kenalog injections to help bring swelling down if that is what he feels may be going on there.  Otherwise, once things settle and if they are still present, they may be able to do some touch up work with microliposuction/ThermiRF/etc depending on what they believe the problem to be.  The most important thing here is that its 9 weeks post op.  It is still early and you have probably another 4 or so weeks of rapid settling down - followed by another few months before final results.  That being said, while the changes may not be dramatic between now and then, there will continue to be improvement.  Keep your PS in the loop such that they can plan accordingly and get you the result you were hoping for.  Best of luck. I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon