Post mommy lift left leg numbness.

Occassionally when I sit down, I get a numbness in my right leg that goes away when I stand. I try to move as much as possible but I'm 4 days post tt, breast aug, & thigh lift all at once. I've been managing the pain & focusing on proper diet and moving to avoid blood clots but leg numbness has me concerned. I also occassionally get a sharp pain in the kidney that quickly disappears. Drainage is normal and pain is moderate considering surgery done. Is this normal or should I consult my ps ASAP.

See your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you.

Good luck!

Issues Post-Op

Hello, and thank you for your question. With all of the combined issues that you are having I would recommend contacting your plastic surgeon immediately in order to make sure whether any of them are the result of your surgery and if anything else needs to be done. Good luck!

Mommy lift with left leg numbness

Thank you for your question. The way that I look at this is, because the numbness comes and goes there is a good chance this is a temporary thing and will get better and eventual resolve with time. If you have ever had problems with sciatica this may be flared up due to the surgery. If you haven't had problems like this before it may be due to laying on the OR bed for a the time during surgery and it may also be due to swelling.

The sharp pain to the "kidney" is likely muscle spasms. These come and go very quickly and can be quite intense. I give my patients muscle relaxants and tell them to take these on a scheduled basis to try and decrease muscle spasms.

All this being said, in my opinion, the most important thing right now is to contact your plastic surgeon. Let him know your issues and concerns and see what his thoughts and recommendations are.

I wish you all the best!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Post mommy makeover left leg numbness

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Your numbness is likely the result of positioning during surgery as well as swelling to the lower body during your recovery and should resolve spontaneously. If you have had any change in appearance or sensation during your recovery it would be best to reach out to your surgeon in order to inform him of your symptoms, they may wish to see you in person.  Best wishes

Mommy make-over leg numbness

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • It is always best to report your concerns to your plastic surgeon.
  • The numbness may be the result of positioning at surgery.
  • The 'kidney' pain may be muscle spasm -
  • But your surgeon needs to know what is going on so s/he can be sure you are healing well.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover Worry

Thanks for your question.  Yes, you should contact your doctor regarding this change.  

Wishing you all the best,

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Numbness in leg

I would agree that you should definitely contact your plastic surgeon. There are multiple reasons why you may be experiencing numbness. It is important that you make them aware of your symptoms. 

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Moomy makeover

Thanks for your inquiry, and yes you should call your plastic surgeon to discuss your symptom.  At only a few days out and having a few procedures you should be discussing these symptoms with his/her office as they know what you should expect at this time.