Will my lip swelling go down? (Photo)

I got juvaderm 4 days ago and my top lip looks like a duck lip! It's also very bruised. Will this heal or do I have duck lips for the entire time?

Swelling is very common following Juvederm or any lip injections.

Swelling is very common following Juvederm or any lip injections, and can last for up to a week or, rarely, beyond. Be patient, and if you still don’t like the look of your lips after two weeks have passed, visit your injector for a follow-up to see about having the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

At four days post Juvederm to the lips, you are likely still swollen.

At four days post Juvederm to the lips, you are likely still swollen. It can take up to a week, sometimes two, for swelling to completely resolve following lip injections. In the meantime, you can use arnica to help with the bruising and ice your lip for the swelling. If after two weeks you are still unhappy, visit your provider again to see what can be done. You may wish to have the filler dissolved.

Juvederm Filler Botox Toronto

It takes 2 weeks to see how your injection results will turn out. Be patient. When in doubt, speak with your treating physician.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy after 2 weeks reverse the filler.  It take a few weeks to see the ultimate result.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bruising and swelling after Juvederm lip injection

It can take about 10 days to resolve bruising and swelling. If you are not happy with the lips at that point, go back to see your doctor and see if something can be done short of dissolving the filler. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip swelling after Juvederm

Hi Superstar, the lips are a very sensitive, muscular area and can be very sensitive to injections. I would give yourself about 10-14 days to allow the swelling to resolve. If it persists, I would consider dissolving the Juvederm.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips swelling and Juvederm

I would wait two weeks to see if the swelling goes down. If after two weeks you still have swelling then you will have to have the injections dissolved with Vitrase.  Please consult an expert with lip injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling natural after Juvederm

The swelling is natural after Juvederm. After a week or so this will be greatly reduced but some will persist and slowly go away.  Do not worry.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Too much Juvederm?

I would give your lips 2 - 3 weeks to allow swelling to decrease before considering Hyaluronidase. It is rare to need to resort to this option.

Elyse Rafal, MD
Stony Brook Dermatologist

Will my lip swelling go down?

Hello Superstar 2020,

The lips tend to swell the most with injections.  The swelling tends to peak on day 3 and then start coming down.  The swelling and bruising should be gone in about a week.  If you still have the "duck look" then you can receive an injection of hyaluronidase to remove the product.  Make sure you follow up with your injector if you have any concerns.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon