Lip fillers; how much lip fillers I would need to achieve this look? (photos)

I was wondering how much lip fillers I would need to achieve this look? And which lip filers are the best to use .. Is numbing cream better than the blockers?

Start Conservatively With Lip Augmentation

Less is more when it comes to lip augmentation. To achieve the look you want, I'd recommend no more than one syringe of a hyaluronic-acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm or Restylane. You can always add more, if you wish. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist.

San Diego Dermatologist

Lip Filler with Microcannula Technique

Thank you for sharing your question. You already have full bodied lips but you may benefit from adding a conservative amount of filler to re-establish the ideal upper to lower lip ratio. In my practice, I apply numbing cream to the lips prior to injections, but I can also do intra-oral nerve blocks for patients who request it. I also prefer to use the microcannula technique, which is essentially bruise-less and minimizes pain and swelling associated with the traditional sharp needle technique. I have had excellent results using this technique and the final product is always even, natural, and flawless. Please be sure to consult with an experienced injector who understands your desired aesthetic. Best of luck with your treatment. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. An in-person examination with a board certified facial plastic surgeon would provide the most accurate answer to your question. In general, a smaller injectable amount can be used at first and you and your surgeon can revisit its effectiveness over time before choosing to increase or reduce the regimen. Lip augmentation through fillers and injectibles is available to give you fuller, younger, sensual looking lips and to help improve your self-confidence.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers, How Much Would I Need To Achieve This Look?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, I would suggest starting with one syringe of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  You can always reevaluate your final result at 2 weeks and add more product to achieve your desired look, if necessary.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved. Numbing cream works well.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip fillers; how much lip fillers I would need to achieve this look?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant. You might want to start with 1 syringe of Restylane or Juvederm and see how much augmentation is achieved. One to 1 1/2 cc's would mots likely give you the look that you desire.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I'd suggest starting with no more than 1 syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler, and then deciding if you want more volume than that. You will likely need around 1.5 cc to achieve that look. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Filles and Results

It appears from your photos that you would need at least two syringes of lip fillers to have the best cosmetic results.  I would consider Volbella for the lips. Please consult an expert.

Enhancing lips

I usually start with a syringe of filler and re-evaluate about 2 weeks later to see if more is needed. I don't use blocks, only topical because I don't want any distortion of the lips. My technique is rather comfortable as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Filler/How Much/Numbing Cream?--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat

Topical numbing would be fine and one syringe split for both upper and lower would most likely get you the results you want. Fillers like Restylane or Juvederm Ultra are good to create a fuller lip. Please see an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I typically recommend my patients start with one syringe. It is always possible to add more volume with additional  filler down the road if desired. There are several different types of filler available and the product can depend on my patients natural anatomy and goals. It is important to seek a highly experienced injector. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician