I have little bumps in my lips and my lips feel kinda hard, is this normal?

I got my lips injected two weeks ago with juvaderm untra plus but I noticed  now they're not soft anymore like they used to be .

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question we get often from our patients. These lumps are normal and will resolve with time. You can apply gentle pressure to smooth out those bumps with no long term issues. 

Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself.

Calgary Dermatologist

Bumps on back surface of lips following Juvederm injection

Thank you for sharing your question. Small bump formation on the back of the lips is not unusual following injection with Juvederm. These will resolve with time and should not effect your appearance. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck, 

Little Bumps 2 Weeks After Filler

Dear Ninaconrad:

It is not uncommon to sometimes notice bumps in your lips after filling.  These bumps will normally reabsorb with time.  Please see your physician if you have any concerns.  All the best.

Knowing What's Normal with Lip Augmentation with Fillers (juvederm, restylane)

This can be typical and will resolve. If bumps are visible, you can reverse with hyaluronidase or remove with needle.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lips are firmer and have bumps after filler

This is not that abnormal. If you really feel all over, you will be able to feel the filler in the lips. If it is not visible, I would leave alone. It does gradually improve with time as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Can be fixed

Massaging is important.  Somtimes the bumps persist and they can be dissolved with a very small amount of hyaluronidase. Other products like Volbella, Silk, and Belotero may be less likely to leave bumps.

Bumpy Lips

I would recommend returning to your injector. They will massage the filler, but they know where it was injected and massaging it must be careful not to create uneven areas. 

I would want my patient to return to my office so that I could make this right- I'm sure your injector will be happy to correct things for you. 

Thanks and good luck!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Bumps

You can try massaging the area to help soften and smooth out the bumps.  If you don't notice improvement, return to your injector for an evaluation.

Camille Cash, MD