Would I need an implant removal/replacement, areola reduction and a lift? (Photo)

Nearly perfect C's pre-child then asymmetrical breasts happened after breastfeeding. To fix this unevenness I had saline implants put in which are now 11 yrs old, 420cc in Right side and 300cc in Left. Now I find that my breasts are more uneven than before, my areolas are completely two different sizes, one breast points south while the other points west, loss of volume on top and more side boob than one needs. What would I need to do correct all of these issues?

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Would I need....?

It really depends on what you want to look like, and what you're willing to have done (and, needless to say, you need to be assessed in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon, or two, in order to have a full and complete discussion of the options).  If you want them lifted, then you would need to undergo some type of formal breast lift, whether leaving a lollipop scar or an anchor-shape.  Each could reduce your areolar diameter.  You can also have the implants replaced; bigger, smaller, silicone, etc.  You can, of course, also leave them alone.  Most women have asymmetric breasts (to varying degrees), and you may decide after researching the options just to stay with what you have.  Either way, you'll make a more informed decision if you go to one (or more; several consults could be even more helpful) surgeons, and then weigh the options based on that.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Would I need an implant removal/replacement, areola reduction and a lift?

Your photos demonstrate considerable asymmetry.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options of a lift on the sagging breast and exchanging both implants. With the lift, the areola size could also be addressed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Correcting pregnancy changes in breasts with implants

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• Your photo suggests that you need a lift and probably small reduction on the drooping breasts.
  • If there is fullness on the sides, if it is fat, the treatment is liposuction.
  • If the fullness is from implants, you need an implant pocket revision and different implant.
  • Since one breast looks excellent, these changes should allow the droopy side to much more closely resemble the better looking side.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Surgery

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options of a lift on the sagging breast and exchanging both implants. With the lift, the areolar size could also be addressed.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision would require...

Thank you for your question.  Your photos demonstrate considerable asymmetry.  To address this, a breast lift would be required with correction of the areola size and also exchange of the breast implants.  An in person exam would be required to establish a solid surgical plan.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question.  Exactly what operation you should undergo will depend mainly on what your goals are.   During this decision-making, it will be important that you consider the pros/cons associated with each surgical option. Then, careful selection of plastic surgeon will be important as well.   Communication of your goals will be the next step; in our practice this best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.