I am pregnant and considering the ThermiVa procedure. How long after childbirth should I wait to have this procedure?

Causes Major Changes

Childbirth causes major changes in a women’s body.  Generally speaking it is always a good idea to wait several months (6 is a good rule of thumb) to allow the changes to subside and stabilize and allow one to go through a procedure.  If you are still nursing you might

ThermiVa after pregnancy

Wait 3 months after delivery for ThermiVa or 3 months after you complete breastfeeding before you get ThermiVa.

Best

Dr H Karamanoukian

When should I get Thermiva after having a baby?

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck.  If you were my patient I would typically wait three to six months after having a baby before performing a Thermiva treatment.  A woman's body changes so much during pregnancy, delivery and the post partum period that it will take at least three months or a hundred days after having a baby for your body to mostly get back to normal so you will know what kinds of issues are troubling you. 

hermiva can improve sexual responsiveness and desire particularly for women who are perimenopausal or menopausal.  Most women after having a baby have a decreased sex drive.  This is the result of the exhausting work of being a mom - and is not so responsive to Thermiva treatments. (Sleep and babysitters work better.)   A mother's life is difficult enough without her worrying why her sex life isn't what it was before that first baby.   But laxity and appearance can be improved by Thermiva. 

Wait until your baby is 3 to 6 months old.

Wait 3 mos after finishing breastfeeding for Thermi Va

You should wait at 3-6 months AFTER you are done breast feeding for best results.
Breastfeeding decreases your estrogen levels and therefore affects your vaginal tissues and pelvic floor musculature. It takes about 3-6 months for these levels to normalize after finishing breastfeeding.

Congratulations and best of luck to you!

Dr Robert D Moore, FACOG, FPMRS, FACS

Atlanta - Beverly HIlls - Dubai

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

ThermiVA after a delivery

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! ThermiVA can be safely administered 3 months postpartum. I usually recommend my patients wait at least this long if not longer. The timing depends on if the symptoms you are looking to improve were present before the pregnancy or if they began during the pregnancy. Your body goes through many changes in the post-partum period, and many symptoms present during pregnancy go away after childbirth. Understanding exactly what you are looking to improve will help you and your practitioner decide on the timing.  Good luck!

Childbirth and ThermiVa

Congratulations! ThermiVa treatments can be done as soon as 6 weeks after delivery and are safe to use
between pregnancies as needed. However, everyone heals differently, so a more accurate time frame would be approximately 3 months after having a baby. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa after childbirth

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! ThermiVA can be safely administered 3 months postpartum. I usually recommend my patients wait at least this long if not longer. The timing depends on if the symptoms you are looking to improve were present before the pregnancy or if they began during the pregnancy. Your body goes through many changes in the post-partum period, and many symptoms present during pregnancy go away after childbirth. Good luck!

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa after Pregnancy

ThermiVa is a great option to address post-pregnancy issues due to the ease of the procedure and great results we have had.  We recommend to wait 3-4 months after childbirth to recover before having the procedure done. A consultation is recommended to give you a better idea for your individual case. 

No sooner than 6-12 weeks after childbirth

Thank you for your question. ThermiVa is a great treatment for vaginal tightening and rejuvenation post-pregnancy. At the very least, one should wait 6 weeks after childbirth before doing ThermiVa. However, in my practice I typically recommend that patients wait 3-4 months post-delivery before undergoing ThermiVa treatments.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVa

Thanks for your question. You can wait at least 3 months after childbirth. ThermiVa will help treat vaginal laxity, vulvar/labial laxity, vaginal dryness, stress incontinence, and sexual or orgasmic dysfunction. Three treatments are recommended for optimal results, but the treatment plan will be discussed in consultation. You can visit the ThermiVa website to find a provider in your area.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS