I recently had some injections under my eyes to help with what I thought were bags. They did not help at all!! (photo)

Is there anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that could possibly treat this, maybe with laser?

Doctor Answers 4

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Usually a combination approach is needed. I suggest a combination with lasers, fillers, skin care and microneedling/PRP for treatment of under eye bags. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 166 reviews

Eyelid bags need surgery and not injections

You need to let this swelling subside. Then see a plastic surgeon for eyelid surgery. Injections are not the way to treat eyelid bags.

Vasdev Rai, MD
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

Fillers can help, but don't solve the problem

Eye bags come from fat that herniates and projects out from behind the eyeball into the eyelid skin.  If anyone is doing filler around the eyes, they should understand how to evaluate for fat herniation, which is quite different than volume loss.  Filler can be placed below the bags to lessen the severity of the difference between the overfilled eyelid compartment and the possibly deflated cheek, but this should be evaluated by an expert.  

Michael Howard Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

You might also like...

This could be handled beautifully with a chemical peel.

However, before you race out and have this done, ask yourself if the injections make your bags worse.  If so, the filler should be removed.  If you were treated with hyaluronic acid filler, the unhelpful filler can be removed with an injection of hyaluronidase, and enzyme.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.